|Welcome to UQ Holder!, EvilDragonLord!|
Find an Administrator
|Welcome to UQ Holder! Thanks for your edit to the Touta Konoe page, and thanks for joining our community! There's a lot to do around here, so I hope you'll stay with us and make many more improvements.
Yo, since you've been once of the active contributors, I've decided to make you into an admin, since being the only 'staff' of sorts here kind of sucks and I won't have as much free time soon as I've had in the last few months. I don't really want to leave this place abandonded. ^_^" If there's anything you want to talk about or anything I can help with, just drop me a message on my talk page. Please and thank you~18:32, August 29, 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for your consideration, but unfortunately I'm not familiar with the Baki series. Anyway I'll take a look over there to see if there's something I can do.--EvilDragonLord (talk) 15:58, October 12, 2014 (UTC)
- Done.EvilDragonLord (talk) 16:11, January 24, 2015 (UTC)
Also With OursEdit
- Done.--EvilDragonLord (talk) 17:44, August 19, 2015 (UTC)
Main Wiki PageEdit
- I appreciate the consideration, but for now we're taking affiliation requests only from wikis focused on anime and/or manga series.-- 22:36, September 20, 2015 (UTC)
Actually it is in fact Honoka and Isana in that picture Edit
Actually the are in fact Honoka and Isana. because the full picture also includes ayakas granddaughter. and all 3 were alive at the same time. So yes, it is them.SageM (talk) 19:38, September 27, 2015 (UTC)SageM
Plus I know for a fact its them, because thats a photo of the past. Ayaka was still alive up until 2135. So Honoka and Isana were still children when that photo was taken, so it was taken before 2086.SageM (talk) 19:44, September 27, 2015 (UTC)SageM
- Yes, its them indeed, I didn't see that Asuna was looking at a holographic photo. Sorry.-- 19:58, September 27, 2015 (UTC)
Its already proven what gender kuroumaru is already.... Edit
Kuroumaru is already growing breasts and there is already evidence of a cameltoe in the same picture(which means female genitalia) Its pretty much already decided at this point that kuroumaru is going to become a woman. It doesn't matter whether its he/she has had her birthday or not, the signs are already proven whats going to happen. there is really no point in arguing about it anymore. Kuroumaru is a woman.SageM (talk) 21:47, November 11, 2015 (UTC)SageM
After this picture you posted koroumaru said his body is turning into a female not that he is a female.Storywise it would be stupid to include the birthday and the whole ceremony without using it.And why should Akamatsu include last chapter how good Korou felt when it´s about a bro thing like protecting you bro from crazie womans? The next couble of chapters will maybe prove what you said until than it can´t hurt to leave kurou the way it is.I have nothing against him turning womon you know. So will edit the page now Sagem.184.108.40.206 18:00, November 12, 2015 (UTC)
Still becoming female but the changes have slowed.... Edit
According to the latest chapter, kuroumarus physical changes have slowed down, though she is still becoming a woman, even though it looks like kuroumaru became male again on page 12, her breasts are still obviously there, as you can see her breasts angle to the sides(which covers them from view). She is also no longer hung up about her gender, as long as she can be together forever with touta. but she is still in love with him obviously.
I don't see it that way: in that panel, Kuroumaru's body completely changes back to its former state; even Asura recognizes him as a "boy".
Kuroumaru wonders if he wants to be protected by Touta as a "girl" or protect him as a "boy"; Kuroumaru seemingly chooses the latter. At the end of the chapter, he still cannot decide what he wants to be.
And seeing that his body goes back and forth within genders, together with the fact that Kuroumaru has stated several times that he will get to choose a definitive gender at his 16 birthday, the safer way here would be to go with "genderless" (as he's not male or female, or rather, as he can be male or female) until that moment comes.--16:28, November 25, 2015 (UTC)
Should we change Karins name? Edit
Since chapter 109 reveals that Karin is most likely the biblical betrayer of christ, should we add it to her information? Since if you spell out her true full name phonetically, Isht Karin Haute, it spells Iscariot, meaning that she is in fact the very same person. which means her real name is most likely Judas.
- I think that Akamatsu probably got inspired by that part of the Bible to write Karin' story, but just that. I don't think that literally he's trying to say that she is Judas himself (unless the author clearly states it as such).
- Though, the information about the name could be added to the trivia section.-- 23:05, January 20, 2016 (UTC)
More of the original Negima cast is back! Edit
Well the latest chapter was definitely a surprise, as more of the original cast is back, and we finally learn more about the Lifemaker, and it seems he isn't actually immortal like we thought....
Also Honoka and Isana finally meet Touta face to face and.....they attack him? that was certainly unexpected.
- Yes, I'm excited too. And finally some action as well.-- 15:46, February 17, 2016 (UTC)
Well I was right about it being one hell of chapter... As I did not see that ending coming, Honoka says that Yukihime actually wants to kill Negi?! And she and her sister are working for FATE of all people? It took some time to pick up my jaw off the floor after reading that.
History is about to repeat itself... Edit
Oh god no.... the latest chapter is a lead off to something that already happened once before in Negima! Remember the Cassopiea time traveling watch that Negi used in order to visit the Mahora festival over and over again? Well it looks like history is about to repeat itself, only this time(pardon the pun) they aren't using a watch, but a Person! Namely Kirie's and her time stopping powers.
Negi finally appears! Edit
Its finally happened, it took over 125 chapters and countless flashbacks.... But Negi has finally made his appearance in the story in the flesh. How will the meeting between grandfather and grandson go? And will the true identity of Cutlass and her connection to touta and negi be revealed as well?
I have never been more excited to want to know what happens next in a manga since the the original series ended....
Whatever happens, the next chapter will be the biggest event changer since the series started!
- I think that first could be a follow-up skirmish between Touta vs. Cutlass, and Eva vs. MTOB Negi, maybe even Fate would join the situation. Then is moment to some revelations on the motivations of the enemy (and, why not, of the allied side too).
- The relation between Negi-Cutlass-Touta probably is going to be explained in the tournament, if they are gonna participate there after all.-- 17:57, June 1, 2016 (U
Well Chapter 126 is finally out, and all I can say is this- "The more things change, the more they stay the same..."
No matter how much control the Lifemaker may hold over Negi, he still remains the man we all know and love from the original series. Right down to sneezing the clothes off everyone in the cast. ^^;;;
And more of our favorites return as well! Jack Rakan, Yue and Nodoka(who don't seem to have aged at all...) and even our favorite gravity master- Alberio Imma/Colonel Sanders!
Can't wait to see what interactions will happen next! Also hopefully Chachamaru, Sayo, Mana, Zazie and Ayaka will show up as well.
UQ Holder to receive an anime series... Edit
It looks like UQ Holder will be getting an anime series. I kinda have my doubts on this though, especially considering the fact the pretty much wrecked the negima series to the point it was almost unwatchable at time.
- That's cool, I didn't know that! Never see tha anime adaptations of Negima, but I heard that they wasn't "too close" to the original material. Hope this is gonna be good; it will depend on the animation studio and all that.-- 23:05, June 18, 2016 (UTC)
The whole negima cast is finally reunited.... Edit
With the release of the latest chapter the entire negima cast has been finally been reunited, to bad its only a memory though....
but its great to see Asuna, Makie, Haruna, and all the other members of 3-A again.
Ah, the memories. it really takes me back to the good old days when saving the world didn't mean trying to kill old friends. ^_^
And even after all this time, jack still hasn't learned a bit of subtly. ^^;;;
Chapter 129 felt more like a chapter from Negima.... Edit
The latest chapter was more like a chapter of Negima that just happened to have a character from UQ Holder in it rather then the other way around...
Plus literally every character from Negima showed up with the exception of the Headmaster and Negi's childhood friend Anya. (Yes Nekane was in the chapter too, as a picture in the background of one of the pages showing negis memories)
I felt like I was reading a chapter of Negima that never got published... ^^;;;
- I think this chapter worked as a recap of Negima events from the point of view of Evangeline, so Touta could learn more about her (and bits about Negi too). Of course, the nostalgia factor comes in play here too.
- Anyway, it was nice to see all the gang together again.
- Also, one character that doesn't appear (or at least I didn't find it) is Chizuru Naba. 17:23, October 9, 2016 (UTC)
Need help with a user. Edit
Hi, the user LastationLover5000 is posting a speculated age for Negi Springfield's actual appearance in the manga, even though the wikia deals with actual facts and not guesses and speculations.
I tried explaining this to him but he keeps reposting the edit. Please explain things to him so that he understands and stops making stuff up.
Negi Springfield's age Edit
Hello, I don't believe we've met! Regardless, a quick query; the Negima and UQ Holder series' have a clearly defiined timeline, and, according to the Negima wiki, at the end of Negima, Negi was 17. The current placement in the series makes it 76 years after Negima ended, which would make Negi 93 as of the current arc. And yet this cannot be added to his article because it constitutes guesswork? Considering where the timeline stands, should it not be fair enough to add?—Mina Țepeș 20px 07:40, January 14, 2017 (UTC)
I've checked previous chapters, and like we use the date on Negi's tombstone to deduce he was 72 when he "died", in this case there is enough data to deduce Negi's current age too: He was born on May 2nd, 1993 (according to Negima wiki), and the series is currently on May 2087 at least, so that would make Negi 94 years old.
But there is the Mage of the Beginning in the middle. I don't remember if this was a thing, but the ones possessed by him age normally, or their aging stop?; there could be other factors too that could affect Negi's age.
I would recommend wait for more information to clear it.--20:40, January 14, 2017 (UTC)
- Negi's physical aging stopped due to the Magia Erebea, as we found out at the end of the last series (and in the flashback where he finally first appeared in UQ Holder), but there is still chronological age to take into acc. Chronologically, as long as Negi has been alive, he's in his 90s, yes? The same, for example, applies to Eva, who looks 10 or 11 but is chronologically 700+.—Mina Țepeș 20px 20:43, January 14, 2017 (UTC)
- I'll leave this here, EvilDragon. According to Negima, Negi was born in 1993. In the chapter where Asuna saved Touta and company, it was stated the year was 2087. This would, yes, indeed leave him as 94. I don't see any which way of arguing that. His birth year is set. The year in the series is set. A little bit of math, and he is 94. So I please implore you to listen to what I'm saying and re-add that age to his article, because SageM is persistent to the point of becoming the slightest bit of a headache.—Mina Țepeș 20px 21:23, January 14, 2017 (UTC)
The UQ Holder timeline is not the same as the one from Negima, as a lot of characters in it either shouldn't be alive or are the wrong age according to the Negima timeline. Isana and Honoka were still children when Ayaka died, and Mizore was not old enough to date Touta at the time Ayaka was alive. The timeline of UQ Holder is completely different from Negima's and holds no actual connection to the original series other then the fact the same characters are in it.
Thus its impossible for the series to be the same and the characters ages to be the same as well.
- You're sitting here referencing the alternate future that Asuna was left in, before being transported back to the present by Eva and Chao. That future turned out very different from what we see in UQ Holder, and as Eva herself said in chapter 353, "the future from here on is a blank page". Time is subject to change when alternate variables are brought into play, that much has been stated in the series itself. However, if, at the end, I am proven right, I'll be waiting for you to aplogize for your rudeness. You're neither an admin, nor any form of moderator, and yet you take it upon yourself to handle users returning to the wiki to edit (forget new users, those poor people) with all the care of a crocodile. I didn't magically conjure an age out of nowhere and place it on Negi's article, so please stop referring to it as "guesswork" and something I "made up". Someone needs to put a leash on you, because you are not this wiki's PR Agent, and if you are, you're in sore need of being replaced. I've said my piece.—Mina Țepeș 20px 21:17, January 14, 2017 (UTC)
I wasn't trying to be rude, I was just saying we can't be completely certain about the series until its actually confirmed in story, since Akamatsu is prone to changing things in the story at a later time nothing is truly set in stone until he has actually said so in authors notes.
So while there may be similarities between the two series timelines, I would rather we hold off on adding various bits of information to the characters pages until they are confirmed to be true in the story itself. Just like what Dragon said in his first reply.
Thats all i was really trying to say on this matter. After all, for all we know negi could likely be far older then 94 even if his tombstone says he died at 72, especially since negi has been offworld most of the time and years on different planets are not the same as on earth.
Release date and visual for UQ Holder Anime revealed! Edit
Hi! Well its finally happened, the first visual and release date for the UQ Holder anime has just been announced, this is definitely something that should be posted on the wikia as its going to change things on here very fast...
- Cool! I'll add this new information to the wikia. Thanks for the news.-- 16:02, March 18, 2017 (UTC)
More information about the UQ Holder anime! Edit
Hi! More news about the UQ Holder anime, it seems that they will be airing a special ova episode in september before the anime series officially starts. the ova will be how Touta first met Evangeline as well as some extra things too.
- Thanks again for the news!-- 15:39, April 7, 2017 (UTC)
Albert's nickname? Edit
- Yes, add it.^-^-- 21:29, June 9, 2017 (UTC)
Scroll Bar is missing Edit
Hi, for some reason the scroll bar is missing on the wikia, meaning that I can no longer scroll down the page anywhere on the wikia.
- I thought was just me, because the scroll bar is missing for me too... Well, I'll see what can I do.-- 20:17, July 23, 2017 (UTC)
- The issue was resolved. Can you confirm it on your side?-- 23:39, July 23, 2017 (UTC)
- Ok!^_^-- 02:22, July 24, 2017 (UTC)
Keeping with tradition... Edit
So it looks like they are keeping with tradition with the new UQ Holder anime series, as the theme song will be the exact same theme as the negima series- Happy Material.
Surprisingly there is still no mention of Santa appearing in the anime, even though they are pretty much jumping ahead with the introduction of Mizore and the 3-A class in the anime.
Now I am not so sure I want to watch it anymore.... I will give it a few episodes to see how much they have changed before I decide whether or not to drop it.SageM (talk) 18:12, August 4, 2017 (UTC)SageM
- Yeah, it seems that it's not going to be too loyal to the original material based on the characters cast (Makie Sasaki is among them, per example); is one of those alternative story adaptations. Hope is good at least.-- 21:34, August 4, 2017 (UTC)
Most epic chapter yet.... Edit
Wow, the latest chapter is certainly epic.... Negi is able to continue fighting for 5 hours straight without losing any of his energy or stamina, the entire Ala Rubra group shows up again, Haruna shows up again and she also has a new hair style, the Minions of the Lifemaker somehow managed to get unfrozen from Eva's spell, and we finally get to see what that flashback battle was all about at the beginning of the manga.
Plus we get to see more of the original cast in their college years.
- According to the previous chapter, five years after Asuna comes back. And before the epilogue, as we can see that Nagi was ok seven years after Asuna came back.-- 22:38, August 10, 2017 (UTC)
Chihayafuru Affiliation request Edit
I am the admin of the Chihayafuyu Wiki. It would great if we can be affiliated with the UQ Holder Wiki.
If that is ok, here is our wordmark.
Thank you :)
Andulien 07:00, August 24, 2017 (UTC)
No problem! Just added you ^_^--16:27, August 24, 2017 (UTC)
Sweet thanks. Added you right back :) Great job on the wiki btw.
Andulien 19:54, August 24, 2017 (UTC)
It was already confirmed he married chisame before the official release.... Edit
Its officially been confirmed both before and after the translation of chapter 140 was out that Chisame ended up marrying Negi. As there is an illustration of her in a wedding gown with an older negi.
So it was actually accurate that he married chisame, plus it was also confirmed by the author way before this chapter was ever released that chisame was the one he ended up with.
it actually makes perfect sense, considering that chisame is basically an expy of Naru from Love Hina. Akamatsu basically just recreated the ending to Love Hina. ^^SageM (talk) 00:22, September 10, 2017 (UTC)SageM
No Santa in UQ Holder anime Edit
Well the opening and ending of the new UQ Holder anime pretty much confirms that Santa will not be making an appearance. As there is no mention of any voice actor for him, nor does he appear in the opening even though he appears long before Mizore joins the cast or before Fate appears.
- That would be too soon; let's wait. Santa could appear later, moving his introduction forward in the story.-- 22:10, October 4, 2017 (UTC)
Original Negima Ending Song in OVA Edit
Hi! So it seems that UQ Holder kept both the original opening and ending theme from Negima for the anime. As the original ending theme is played during the credits of the UQ Holder OVA.
So you might want to add it to the wikia as well since we already have a page for Happy Material.
Its too bad they only posted the entire training arc with Dana as a flashback in the OVA, as it would have been nice to see it in the actual anime... Plus the fact they cut out both Santa and Honoka and Isana from the anime too.
I guess they had to cut something since it wasn't a 24 episode anime like Negima was. Well I suppose its better then nothing.
- If we created a page for the opening, obviously we should create one for the ending. What I think of the anime? I didn't like it that much. The animation was nice and the battles fluid, but the plot felt too much rushed. The first part went fine, with some changes here and there that didn't affect the plot sustantially, but for the second part it seems that they tried to put as much as they could, but characters, battles and whole plot points were omitted, creating plotholes, like Touta being able to use Raiten Taiso with no explanation, or Dana appearing at the end (even the OAD doesn't explain too much either). Maybe with more episodes than twelve, it could have been better.-- 16:39, December 29, 2017 (UTC)
Yes that is Konoka in chapter 147 Edit
Its fairly obvious that is Konoka, as not only does she look exactly like her. But she calls Yukihime, Eva-chan. And also mentions Negi-kun.
The only people that call him Negi-kun are the members of class 3-A, everyone else calls him something different.
So yes, that is Konoka.
Its also obvious when she say- "Thats right, you go by Yukihime now"
The only people with enough familiarity with her that would talk like that are class 3-A. Even the members of UQ Holder don't talk about her like that. Nor does Dana.
You can't deny the obvious facts.
Plus we have already seen what the Konoe's who raised Touta look like, and the adoptive mother doesn't look anything like the person in chapter 147.
Also Evangeline never met any of the other members of the Konoe Clan with the sole exception of Konoka's father (because of the School Hell curse that Nagi put on her). So why would she be with someone else from the Konoe clan who talks like that too her and references Negi?SageM (talk) 17:19, April 11, 2018 (UTC)SageM
Who's Touko?--17:50, April 11, 2018 (UTC)
Actually, Motoko's sister is called Tsuruko. The only Touko I can think off is Touko Kuzunoha from Negima who was a Shinmei-ryuu user. In this case (or both even) that would make this person not Konoka, because she said that Touko helped her grandmother. If its Konoka we have yet to discuss if the baby is the Touta that we know from the start or if its the "original" or something.--21:32, April 11, 2018 (UTC)
Its very obviously Konoka, as nobody else would call her Eva-chan and call Negi, Negi-kun.
Who else would it be then? Nobody else is close enough to Yukihime to do that. And we already know that Touta is considered a member of the Konoe clan.
The members of UQ Holder always call her Yukihime. And the only other person that is familiar with her (ie Dana) always calls her Kitty.
Its simple logic really, Konoka is literally the only person it can possibly be. As nobody would call her Eva-chan but the members of 3-A/Ala Alba.
The facts are clearly staring you right in the face, yet you keep thinking its someone else, even though we already know this takes place before either Honoka and Isana were born and we know that several of the members of Ala Alba were still alive before the main plot of UQ Holder began.
What more proof do you want? As its all there in black and white. All the evidence agrees with my point of view.
The other piece of proof is the fact that Honoka and Isana consider Touta their brother. No if he was a child of some other member of the Konoe Clan that wouldn't be the case, as Honoka and Isana are the children of Konoka and Setsuna.SageM (talk) 21:42, April 11, 2018 (UTC)SageM
I'm not saying that definitively is not her, but again: Then who is this Touko? You even contradicted yourself just now when mistakenly affirmed that Touko, the person that her grandmother knew, was Motoko's sister, who were contemporaneous to Konoka. Anyway, still we have the issue if the baby is the Touta we know or an "original", because if it is Konoka, then it cannot be the Touta we know, as he is a four year old clone; and if it is the Touta we know then it isn't Konoka, because not fit in the timeline.--21:56, April 11, 2018 (UTC)
The timeline was already upended much earlier.
Besides if you recall, Evangeline already knew about Touta's past even before the accident with his adoptive parents. She just didn't tell him because he wasn't ready to hear it yet.
We know that almost all of the members of 3-A/Ala Alba were involved with Touta's existence, as this has been stated by them a few times. And we already know that Touta is considered a Konoe clan member.
Another factor to consider is how else would you create a clone of someone if not by birth? Touta clearly has a bellybutton which means he was natural born even if he is considered a clone.
Besides, for all we know his aging process might have been accelerated, after all Eva's resort has an accelerated time frame.
Just because he is only 4 years old doesn't mean that he can't have been born by Konoka, as a lot of the factors of the timeline haven't been completely clarified yet.
If the next chapter states that is Konoka (and I am quite certain that it will, since there is literally no one else it could be). Then your going to have to accept that you truly don't how the timeline was set up.
And we don't know how the timeline of UQ Holder was set up, as it hasn't been fully explained, only bits and pieces of it have been confirmed.
Also consider the fact that we know that Evangeline had the Cassopiea time travel clock (this was confirmed during the ending of Negima).
Okay, let's wait.--22:30, April 11, 2018 (UTC)
English dub release for UQ Holder anime... Edit
HI! Well it seems that we will have to update the entire sites infoboxes yet again, as is just been announced that UQ Holder will be getting an english dub release when it comes out on video.
So all the characters will have to be updated to feature their english voices, as well as the potential name changes to the characters that they tend to introduce when they dub an anime....
- OK! ^_^-- 21:25, July 5, 2018 (UTC)
- I just updated the List of Episodes in advance; now only remains to add the dates.-- 21:37, July 5, 2018 (UTC)
I will like to affiliate the shichisei no subaru wiki with the UQ holder wiki (04:59, July 21, 2018 (UTC))
- OK! Here is our wordmark ^_--- 16:32, July 21, 2018 (UTC)
Possible explanation of Karins immortality... Edit
Hi, I just realized something about Karin's version of Immortality. Not only is her past life basically the same as Judas Iscariot (right down to hanging herself from a tree), but her immortality is similar to another individual that was around during the time of Christ....The Wandering Jew.
If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. The Wandering Jew is not allowed to die (by any means) until the second coming, which means that until that happens nothing and no one can ever kill Karin, as God simply won't allow it to happen.
English Dub cast for UQ Holder announced! Edit
Well it looks like they finally got around to announcing the english dub cast for UQ Holder, unfortunately a lot of the original english voices will not be reprised.
So far it looks like only Konoka, Negi and Asuna's voices are the same as the original. As they apparently couldn't get Laura Bailey or Leah Clark to redo their roles as Yukihime and Nodoka.
Anyway, here is the cast list from ANN-
- Ok. You can start adding them to character pages if you would like to do it.^_^ -- 21:46, October 16, 2018 (UTC)
I will like to affiliate That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Wiki with the UQ Holder Wiki, here's our wordmark ( 17:55, November 1, 2018 (UTC))
- Done! (and here is our wordmark ^_^)-- 18:16, November 1, 2018 (UTC)
Proof of Rakan's technique appearing in Negima first Edit
Its not a new technique and it actually appeared in Negima first-
This was during the battle with Fate.
- Sorry, but they look actually different: the Negima one is basically a big armored arm attached to Rakan's body; the UQH one is a giant arm made of pure energy protuding from the ground that Rakan control from afar. They are similar maybe, but clearly not the same. It would make more sense to consider it a new technique rather than a supposed error.-- 19:36, April 24, 2019 (UTC)
Evil Dragon Lord is correct here. The first one from Negima is produced via his Artifact to create a weapon. The one from UQ Holder is Rakan actually shaping his chi into the shape of a giant hand. So it is a new technique. Damage3245 (talk) 08:07, May 9, 2019 (UTC)
Kanji on Juuzou Shishimi and technique from Jinbei Shishido Edit
That's where I got that kanji from to begin with, there is a website that has the raw manga. Also, why did you remove the Hard Qigong, it was in the actual manga? DevilSlayer123 (talk) 23:37, June 8, 2019 (UTC)
- Well, one of the kanji was wrong (though they looked quite similar) and part of the romaji was wrong as well, thus the reason for my advice.
- After re-reading the chapter, it seems that I somehow misintrepeted that part. Don't worry, I'll put it back.-- 00:02, June 9, 2019 (UTC)
Overlord Wiki AffiliationEdit
Hello UQ Holder Admin EvilDragonLord,
I am one of the admins from the Overlord Wiki who is seeking to affiliate it with the UQ Holder Wiki. I am asking your permission if it's possible for our two wikis to be affiliated together?
- Of course! Give us a link for any wiki wordmark do you want us to use and we will surely add it.^_^
- Here's our wordmark if you need it.-- 02:45, June 10, 2019 (UTC)
- Here is the Overlord Wiki's wordmark:
- I have already added the UQ Holder!'s Wordmark to the Overlord Wiki's Homepage. Disfigure (talk) 00:54, June 11, 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks! I have added Overlord wordmark as well.^_^-- 02:11, June 11, 2019 (UTC)
Assistance on the WikiEdit
Hello there. If you're looking for an additional Admin to help out on the wiki and improve some pages, I'd be happy to take a greater part in editing the site. I've got some ideas for it that I'd like to discuss with you. Damage3245 (talk) 16:27, September 15, 2019 (UTC)
Sorry for the late answer. Sadly I don't have bureaucrat rights to make you an admin; I can only give Chat and Discussions Moderator rights. You'll have to contact the founder, Miskos3. He's inactive in this wiki right now; last time I see him was in Edens Zero wiki, he was an admin there.
Still, this wiki needs a bit of reworking and content updating, so any help is welcome. We can still discuss ideas, if you want.--22:27, September 15, 2019 (UTC)
Gotcha, I'll leave them a message. But if they're been absent for so long then you can probably apply for Bureaucrat Rights at Fandom to be honest. Have you got Discord? It may be easier to discuss ideas over there. My Discord name is damage3245#2238 Damage3245 (talk) 10:53, September 16, 2019 (UTC)
I'm going to try that. Thanks for the tip.
And unfortunately I don't have Discord.--17:56, September 16, 2019 (UTC)
Hmm. Might I recommend getting Discord? It is pretty convenient we do have a Discord sever affiliated with the wiki. As for ideas, I have an idea on how we can structure the Abilities section of the character pages. I'll create a draft for it to show you. Damage3245 (talk) 07:47, September 17, 2019 (UTC)
Ok, I'll look into it. In the meantime, you can post your draft here provisionally.
Also, I've sent a request for Bureaucrat rights, so it's a matter of time now.--22:07, September 17, 2019 (UTC)
- Not for now. I'm going to try a second time. If everything comes out well, I'll let you know.-- 21:21, December 8, 2019 (UTC)
Okay, good luck. By the way, have you considered renaming and sorting out the Story Arcs? I get the feeling the current arc names don't really fit exactly to the arc, and the current arc should probably be split up. Damage3245 (talk) 22:34, December 8, 2019 (UTC)
- Yeah, I was thinking exactly the same. Specially with the last one; that name indeed doesn't fit anymore to what's happening in the story for a while now. Do you have in mind a list of possible arc names? If you have one, share it so we can decide it together.-- 04:24, December 9, 2019 (UTC)
My ideas for redoing the current arcs at least is this:
Intro Arc: Chapter 1 - 6 [6 Chapters]
Underground Training Arc: Chapter 7 - 11 [5 Chapters]
The First Mission Arc: Chapter 12 - 30 [18 Chapters]
Fighting Fate Arc: Chapter 31 - 42 [11 Chapters]
Mahora Investigation Arc: Chapter 43 - 61 [18 Chapters]
Mahora Martial Arts Tournament Arc: Chapter 62 - 76 [14 Chapters]
Dana Training Arc: Chapter 77 - 95 [18 Chapters]
- Yes, I like these names too. May I suggest Introduction Arc instead of Intro Arc?-- 17:24, December 10, 2019 (UTC)
Yeah, that's fine.
As for the rest, my provisional titles so far are:
Fairyland Hall Arc: Chapter 96 - 110 (5 Chapters)
Negi Springfield Arc: Chapter 111 - 134 (23 Chapters)
The Other World Arc: Chapter 135 - 140 (5 Chapters)
Cutlass Arc: Chapter 141 - 146 (5 Chapters)
Chachazero's Memory Arc: Chapter 147 - 150 (4 Chapters)
Pactio Arc: Chapter 151 - 156 (4 Chapters)
Ba'al Uprising Arc: 157 - Ongoing
- I think The Parallel World Arc would sound better; Dana used that term, if I'm not wrong. What do you think?
- The rest are fine. We can start using them.^_^-- 23:25, December 10, 2019 (UTC)
I'll create the pages for the currently missing Story Arcs and start working on improving the formatting for them. I think we could improve the current pages by listing characters introduced in each story arc, any major battles & events, and maybe impact to the plot besides the summary. Have you looked into getting an account for Discord? It would really be handy to discuss some more of my ideas on there.Damage3245 (talk) 22:11, December 14, 2019 (UTC)
- Nice idea! Go ahead^_^-- 15:28, December 15, 2019 (UTC)
Interesting theory about Karin's immortality.... Edit
I noticed something interesting about Karin's immortality.
While its basically all but confirmed she is actually Judas Iscariot, and the man who betrayed christ.
Here is were the interesting part comes into play, the actual Judas after his death was condemned to the final circle of hell instead of becoming completely immortal.....but there is one person who did become immortal after badmouthing Jesus.
The Wandering Jew, who can never die until the second coming of christ and is banned from both Heaven and Hell.
So I think Akamatsu took the story of Judas Iscariot and added in the Wandering Jew's immortality to the story.
It would answer exactly why Karin can never die regardless of what happens to her, because she has pretty much the same general curse.
- I'm not very familiar with that story, but it certainly could have inspired part of the character. It could be add it to the Trivia section as a possible inspiration.-- 03:22, October 24, 2019 (UTC)
Kuroumaru Tokisaka's page Edit
- No problem!^_^-- 18:55, December 12, 2019 (UTC)
Contents section in pagesEdit
- It's automatic. When you add == at the beginning and end of any text, that text will become the item for the contents. Example: ==Text here== -- 22:01, December 19, 2019 (UTC)
Negima and UQ HolderEdit
Hey. So this isn't really a serious suggestion but more of an overall thought I've had for a while, but given how interconnected the two series are with one being a direct sequel of the other and having multiple flashbacks tying the two storylines together, doesn't it make sense for the two series to have a single wiki together since they take place in the same Universe? Obviously it's long past that since this wiki was created separately to the original Negima! wiki, but I'm just thinking that in the future it might be a good idea to create a wiki that features both series. I'd be interested to know your thoughts on it, even if you weren't keen on the idea.Damage3245 (talk) 10:07, December 23, 2019 (UTC)
- I also thought about that at some point. A first attempt (kinda) was to add "cross-wiki" links here for Negima characters past exploits.
- But yeah, maybe in the future we could coordinate efforts with the admins over there to migrate content from both wikis (as an option) and create a joint wiki.-- 17:03, December 23, 2019 (UTC)
Yeah, it's a good long-term idea to think about for the future. For now a lot more work is needed for just the UQ Holder! content.
Tomorrow I'm going to rewrite the Introduction Arc page almost fully, adding in all the missing content that I think the arc pages could use and including references. If you approve of it, I'll start rolling it out to the other arc pages (and creating the missing arc pages).Damage3245 (talk) 22:42, December 23, 2019 (UTC)
- Great!^_^-- 23:22, December 23, 2019 (UTC)
Preliminary changes have been added to the first arc page, including some new navigation templates. Just need to add the Story Impact section which will be a set of notes beneath the summary containing vital plot information.Damage3245 (talk) 22:35, December 24, 2019 (UTC)
- It looks nice! I can help you create part of the rest of the arc pages, if you want.^_^-- 04:14, December 25, 2019 (UTC)
Hey dude, no response to your request to be promoted to Bureaucrat? Have you tried putting in an official adoption request here? I feel like we could really kick off the development of the wiki once you're promoted and able to promote new staff.Damage3245 (talk) 22:42, January 9, 2020 (UTC)
- That's where I posted the request initially. I followed the steps, and after that I had to leave a message on the wall of the person who can give me the rights. That was in December 22, and it's still unresponded. It seems they are busy, but I guess eventually they will post an answer.-- 22:57, January 9, 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks. Fortunately, it will result fine.-- 02:39, January 10, 2020 (UTC)
I spoke to my contact, and you have Bureaucrat rights now. You should probably leave a message on the original staff member's message wall saying that their assistance is no longer required.Damage3245 (talk) 15:51, January 13, 2020 (UTC)
- Done. You are an admin now. Thanks, and congratulations!^_^-- 16:20, January 13, 2020 (UTC)
- Nice idea! Go ahead.^_^-- 23:27, February 25, 2020 (UTC)
Hey dude, things have been quite busy for me lately but I should be able to demonstrate the new references system tomorrow hopefully. Once that's done I want to pick a relatively minor character who has been in both Negima and UQ Holder and start working on a version of their page incorporating information from both series as a test for how applicable it would be for the rest of the wiki.Damage3245 (talk) 22:50, March 7, 2020 (UTC)
- OK, waiting to see it^_^-- 22:55, March 7, 2020 (UTC)
Never mind. My attempt at adapting the reference system did not work as planned so I'll leave it for a later date until I can get some assistance on it. It wouldn't be necessary anyway until we decide to actually incorporate Negima content, and we still have lots of content from UQ Holder to add first.Damage3245 (talk) 20:00, March 10, 2020 (UTC)
Admin Rights Edit
I was wondering if you could give me Admin rights so that I could edit Kuroumaru Tokisaka's page unless you temporarily remove the block on his page.
- Unblocked.-- 03:28, April 10, 2020 (UTC)
Hey, I'd like to add a template to the wiki from another wiki I managed where it would list the chapters by arc on the character's pages in a collapsed format and display when a character debuted, when a character has appeared, when a character was mentioned, etc. Here is the template for reference.
Right now the applicable uses for this wiki would be Debut, Appears, Mentioned, Flashback and Absent, but I was thinking if we should include an extra one for "Alternate Timeline" to show when an alternate version of a character has appeared like the parallel world flashbacks. Damage3245 (talk) 14:38, April 11, 2020 (UTC)
- Cool idea! Go with it ^_^-- 19:24, April 11, 2020 (UTC)
Hey, just giving an update that I've completed creating all of the Appearance templates. I'm going to do a reread of the series arc by arc and start adding in these templates properly to each characters page which will be tremondously helpful in later going back over the characters and updating their pages in other ways.
Also, if you ever want help on any other Wiki's that you can make me an Admin of like the Nanatsu no Taizai Wiki, just let me know. I'm always up for adding more Wiki's to my roster. Damage3245 (talk) 21:51, May 8, 2020 (UTC)
- Good! I'll help adding some of them too.^_^-- 23:29, May 8, 2020 (UTC)
Mahora Academy/Mihashira Academy City reference Edit
Hi. In the third episode of the anime series "Kakushigoto", there is a brief scene featuring a cg/wireframe artwork of Mahora Academy/Amano-Mihashira Academy City.
What makes it really interesting and worth mentioning? the artwork was done by Ken Akamatsu himself!
Since its a obvious reference to both this series and negima, I figured it might fit as a piece of trivia for the Academy City page. Especially since Akamatsu was the one that drew it.
- Go ahead.^_^-- 03:43, May 20, 2020 (UTC)
Hey EDL. I like what you've done with the Ref template so far, but I think I can make some alterations so that the same reference be used in an article with needing to name a specific reference, and reference volumes. Do you mind if I make some changes to the reference templates? Damage3245 (talk) 11:01, May 29, 2020 (UTC)
- No problem; it would be good for that template to cover more. Go ahead^_^-- 16:01, May 29, 2020 (UTC)
I've updated the Ref template and included examples of the new formatting on there. I've started adding it to some pages. By the way for pages which contain less than seven unique references I think we should be using the Reflist template instead of the References template. Compare this page with Reflist to this page with References. Getting rid of the empty box looks better. Damage3245 (talk) 15:17, June 7, 2020 (UTC)
- Nice! I agree with the "Reflist" usage. Also, could you add OAD to the ref temp?
- Well, I'll start with the changes too.-- 19:32, June 7, 2020 (UTC)
- OAD (or OVA, if you want) are the DVDs with original content bundled with some of the volumes. UQ Holder! has three (though I watched only one). Just in the case we would need to refer to those, we could add it to the ref temp.-- 23:26, June 7, 2020 (UTC)
- Edit: Don't worry about it. I just figured myself how to do it.^_^ Now we can use it in the case we need that reference.-- 23:04, June 9, 2020 (UTC)
Irony regarding the Lifemaker and her namesake Edit
I just realized something about the Lifemaker/Ialdabaoth that is actually ironic when you considered the origin of her namesake.
In gnosticism, Ialdabaoth/the demiurge was responsible for creating the world/reality of physical matter (ie our world) and thus separating us from the actual truth of reality (that the real state of existence is immaterial) and the Monad (the actual god of Gnosticism).
Now here is were the irony regarding the namesake comes in....
...The demiurge was only responsible for creating the Physical world, it had no power or dominion over ths spiritual or immaterial.
Yet in both Negima and UQ Holder, the Lifemaker is trying to save the world by trapping everyone inside of Cosmo Entelecheia.....which is an illusionary world. Or in other words, an Immaterial reality.